Overview of Advanced Custom Fields
Advanced Custom Fields is a plug in that provides over 20 fields types, including custom field types, that you can use on your WordPress site. You can find the different fields here, and some include:
- Text – A text field that allows you to store single string values.
- Checkbox – This text field makes it possible to have checkable inputs.
- Radio Button – A handy field that makes selectable inputs available
- Gallery – This content field makes it easy to manage multiple images
- Image – With this, you can upload images
Another great aspect of the Advanced Custom Fields plug in is that it has many customizable plugins available at WordPress as well. Two popular plugins are the WP Fake Image Replacer, and the ThreeWP Broadcast. With the WP Fake Image Replacer plugin you can say goodbye to uploading pictures. This compatible plug allows you to use thumbnails to generate pictures for your field. The ThreeWP Broadcast plugin makes it easy to share posts with other blogs by copying and sharing them.
Advanced Custom Fields Customization Questions
Since Advanced Custom Fields is such a widely used app, it is understandable that there are many questions about the Plugin. Here are some frequently asked questions we see about Advanced Custom Fields:
- How do I update my Advanced Custom Fields?
- How do I install my Advanced Custom Fields plugin?
- What are some compatible plug ins?
- How do I create a Field Group?
- How do I use query posts?
Advanced Custom Fields and Custom WordPress Themes
A majority of the custom developed themes we see use Advanced Custom Fields when building out the custom theme (as opposed to a tool like Visual Composer). However, many companies find that after their theme is built, it is difficult to add new custom fields or to edit aspects of the site that don’t have custom fields already created.
With our ACF plugin development and support packages, we are able to help companies to expand and edit their existing premium theme website, by adding, changing, or replacing custom fields as required.
Customization Packages for Advanced Custom Fields
- Installation – We can help install your Advanced Custom Fields plugin.
- Plugin Creation – Our developers can create custom plug ins for your Advanced Custom Fields to present data specific to your website.
- Layout – We are able to set up your fields to make your website attractive and informative.
- Custom Style Sheets – ThemeSupport coders and developers are able to use CSS to create custom style sheets.
All of our packages are designed specifically to fit your WordPress site needs. Our developers work closely with our clients to make sure that all your Advanced Custom Field plugin goals are achieved.
Get Help Today
No matter what your concern is with the Advanced Custom Fields, ThemeSupport is here to help. If you already have a grip on your Advanced Custom Fields, let us maintain it for you with one of our support packages. Contact us today to start to utilize Advanced Custom Fields to its full potential.